Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Freedom

"Whatever happens that breaks us open to a deeper invasion of the Lord's Spirit is a blessing in disguise. Our brokenness becomes the threshold of growth in a Spirit-filled life. At conversion to Christ, His Spirit enters us. But His abiding presence cannot grow until the shell of our preconceptions, values, and personality structure is broken open." Longing to Be Free - Lloyd John Ogilvie

I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20

The only way to be free is to have nothing to lose. In giving myself totally to Christ it is no longer important what anyone else thinks. My fear, my self-esteem, my desires, become His.

The past few months have been a time of God breaking me open. While the struggle was great, God wouldn't let me go. The surrender - the dying to myself - has led to a hunger to be free. For the first time in years it is more important to me to grow spiritually than to do anything else.

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. Philippians 3:7-8.

I want to know Christ...help me to continue on the journey until I am free, totally surrendered, no longer bound by the past - crucified, with nothing to lose.

No comments: