Saturday, December 1, 2007

Stressless Saturday

This is the time of year that most of us get stressed out because we have too much to do. Unfortunately we don't really think about why we do the things we do, we just keep up the traditions that we've always done without question.

We sometimes are like the woman who cut every ham in half and baked it in two pans. When questioned by her husband why she did it that way she said, "That's how my mother taught me do it." So, out of curiosity, hubby called his mother-in-law to find out why she did it that way. She said, "Because I never had a pan big enough to cook a whole ham." For years the daughter had followed a "tradition" that didn't make any sense in her situation just because that is the way it had always been done.

To help control stress I put together a list of the common jobs that are included in our typical holiday season along with some questions to ask yourself about each job. You can add to the list the jobs that are unique to your family.


If you would like a copy of this form e-mail me at dkbartling@prodigy.net and I will send it to you!

No comments: