Saturday, June 30, 2007

Stressless Saturday

I have watched in amazement this week all the people lined up to buy the iPhone. Some people were camped out for days just to get their hands on the latest in technology. Now don't get me wrong...I love my techie toys. I'm probably more addicted than most to my computer, checking e-mail and updating this blog. I have a cell phone, two office phones, two laptop computers, an ipod, and a pda. But I have been wondering how much time I am "saving" by having all the latest conveniences. And how much my "addiction" puts stress on my life that I really don't need. Part of my addiction is reading other people's blogs...I found this post Can You Really Unplug? on one of the blogs I frequent. Colette Ellis asks the question that I've been wondering, "Do we really need to be reachable anytime, anywhere?" and, "Could you make it through one day device-free? "

Ok, so I'm going to try it...one day unplugged. We'll see if it causes more stress than it relieves!

PS 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

No comments: