Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Consecrated

"The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him. To be useful, the clay has to be moldable, and once made into a vessel, it has to remain in the hand of the potter to be used...When you come to God as His servant He first wants you to allow Him to mold and shape you into the instrument of His choosing. Then He can take your life and put it where He wills and work through it to accomplish His purposes." Blackaby - Experiencing God.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 NIV

I want to be the kind of person that God can use because I am fully consecrated to Him. I don't always act like I am that kind of person. My pride and my doubts often get in the way. I am learning, though, that staying connected to Him is the only way that God can truly use me. How often I take myself out of His hand and try to do it on my own. There are days I struggle with my own competence. I have to remember that every gift I have, every talent, came from God in the first place. And everything I feel that I am lacking He will supply.

God help me to get out of the way so you can work through me. Help me to focus on you as the source of my strength, and my all the glory go to you.

1 comment:

Roo said...

this post really speaks to me where i am today. especially that quote!! thank you for sharing it...